Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20, 2011

DON'T STOP BEING YOU REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS MAY THINK!!!


In the last several years, I have had many people tell me that I need to change. However, the people who have told me this or told others this do not even know me on a personal level. Now, having so many people come against me made me wonder if there was something truly wrong with me. I started to focus on my faults instead of recognizing how God truly made me. I am a giving, loving, generous, and caring person, and I am not about to stop being me regardless of how others think.



When people come against us, it is usually because they have a preconceived idea of how they think you are whether or not it is based on the truth. It is up to us what we believe. We can believe people's opinions, or we can believe what God tells us. God made us the way we are for a reason, and if we do have faults which we all do then it is up to us to change what we may not like about ourselves. However, we usually tend to be our own worst enemy. 



Today I had to realize who I truly am. Years ago I loved giving to my family members during birthday parties, Christmas time, and weddings. I loved buying my family members gifts and watching their faces as they opened their presents. Once the family started to become distant, I no longer had anyone to buy gifts for other than my son and husband. However, today made me realize that I can still bring happiness into people's lives by buying them gifts; however, I will have to buy the gifts for people I do not know. I won't be able to see them open their gifts, but I can still do what God made me to do and that is spread joy and happiness to others. I do not need to stop being me just because of what a few people may think!

No comments:

Post a Comment