Friday, November 25, 2011

November 23, 2011

TALK TO PEOPLE WHEN THEY HURT YOUR FEELINGS!!!


With Thanksgiving a day away, you would think that people in your family would be happy and spreading holiday cheer. However, my mother has a different agenda. Today in the mail I received her shopping list with a check, because I do her grocery shopping. I was confused why she sent this through the mail considering she will be spending Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow. So, I called her, and asked her why she sent it. Her response was what I was expecting, "I don't know if I am going to go along to Thanksgiving dinner. I don't feel good." Our conversation became heated which resulted in her screaming at me over the phone, "Maybe I should just go live in a nursing home!" Now, if you have been reading my blog, you know that my family has had enough to deal with in the last two years, and the last thing I need to deal with before a major holiday is drama from a family members including my mother. 



Later on that evening, I told my mother that she hurts my feelings when she makes comments like that to me, and when she puts me on guilt trips. If she is miserable with her own life, that is her own fault, but I am not allowing other people to hurt my feelings any longer. I am at a point in my life where I can no longer deal with negativity, and that includes from family members. Life is too precious and such a gift to be brought down to a negative naysayers level. 



There will always be people in our lives who will be miserable no matter how much we tell them that life is wonderful. When they throw negative comments your way, explain to them how those negative comments hurt you feelings and tell them that you will no longer stand for negativity in your life. They may not like it, because negativity is probably all they have known their entire lives, but it does not mean that you have to put up with it any longer! Tell people when they hurt your feelings and let them know that you no longer allow such negative comments into your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment