Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5, 2011

YOU CAN OVERCOME ANY OBSTACLE!!!
INCLUDING DREADFUL NEWS THAT CHANGES YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!

Two years ago today my family heard the words that you never imagine hearing at a young age. Those words were, "We found a tumor and it might be cancer." Those devastating words set us on a journey that was more like a runaway freight train. The weeks, months, and years that were to follow would be the most difficult journey my family has ever faced. However, we got through it, and two years to the day of hearing those dreadful words, my husband is now cancer free. 



I know many of you who follow my blog are facing your own battles, and some of you may be facing a similar situation that my own family faced. You may think that there is no way that you can get through this trying time in your life, but I can tell you the best thing you can do during this time is to just take one day at a time. Treasure each day and the people who are with you during your journey in life. 



The journey my family faced was long and hard, but we learned to enjoy each other every single day. My family is closer now than we were two years ago, and we can now see how we have been truly blessed in our lives. Don't focus so much on the entire obstacle, but focus on each day as getting closer to overcoming that obstacle that lies in your path. You can and you will overcome an obstacle. Just set your mind to the positive, and get through each day. Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment