Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1, 2011

LISTEN TO LYRICS IN SONGS!!!



Everyone reading this blog has probably heard this song at one time or another in your life. It is called, "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin. Now, I heard this song hundreds maybe thousands of times growing up, but I never stopped to listen to the lyrics until about a year ago. One afternoon while on our way home from my husband's radiation treatments, this song came on the radio. I really thought nothing of it until I saw my husband grab a tissue, and he started to wipe his eyes. I immediately started to listen to lyrics which is something I had never done in the past. I was soon wiping my own eyes. This morning as I was driving home from dropping off my husband at work this song came on the radio, and I was once again reminded of the power of lyrics in our music! Every time I hear this song now I am brought to tears. I am using this song as an example, but so many songs out there have so much meaning. Learn to listen to the lyrics while you are enjoying your music. The words might refer to something you may be experiencing in your own life.



If you know me, you will know that Aerosmith is my all time most favorite band! So many of their songs have so much meaning, but the one song that is near and dear to my heart is "Amazing." This song is actually about Steven Tyler's (the lead singer) battle with drug abuse, and how he overcame his problems. This song means the world to me, because it can relate to any battle you may be experiencing in life. 



Music has been a huge inspiration in my life, and I have learned that certain songs are extremely meaningful! Just when you think that you are at your lowest point in life, you will hear that song that makes you want to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Don't get so involved with the thoughts that are going on in your head that you never hear the lyrics to your favorite songs. Actually listen to what the singer is saying! These song lyrics may change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment