Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 18, 2011

LOOK TO THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE FOR A MUCH NEEDED PICK ME UP!!!



If you are anything like me, the holiday season can bring you down if you do not focus on the things that really matter in life. My extended family used to be a lot closer in the past, but for the last several years, everyone seems to be too busy to associate any longer. If you dwell on the negative too long, you can seep into a dark hole of depression. So, it is extremely important to focus on what matters, and most of the time it is the simple things in life that usually put a smile on our faces.



What are the simple things? For me, they include: my son's and husband's laughter, the warm sun on a brisk day, the leaves blowing across the ground, my cat lying beside me as I am typing my blog, my family being together and watching a movie, a nice cup of coffee. These are just a few of the simple things in life that I enjoy. 



If you refocus your thoughts on the simple things in life, you will find that your spirits are getting picked up. I know that I have to constantly redirect my thoughts, and I have to intentionally think about the simple things which matter in my life. Focus on what truly matters, and most of the time it will be the simple things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment