Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

BEING HURT IS A PERSONAL DECISION WE MAKE...
LEARN TO LET INSULTS, PAIN, AND REJECTION ROLL OFF YOUR BACK!!!


This above statement about forgiving yourself for allowing others to hurt you could have came in handy for me in the past few years. It seems like more people attacked me when my husband was sick than any other time in history. Maybe they attacked me because it was a point in time when I was vulnerable and weak, so they knew that they could get away with it. However, the one mistake I made is I allowed them to hurt me. I allowed the pain into my heart, and I allowed it to fester for quite some time. Instead of letting their insults, attacks, and belittlement roll off my back, I internalized their comments. It was my personal decision to allow myself to become hurt. Learn to let such nonsense roll off your back and move on with your life as if nothing even happened.



Let's face it, harsh words sting! That old saying in grade school was a bunch of fooey! You know the one I am talking about: Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me. That is horse manure! Words hurt like heck if you listen to them! I should know, because I have been listening to the same words over and over again in my head, and my attacker hit me with those words nearly year ago. Those hurtful words still cut me if I think about them too much.



What I have learned is that you choose what you allow to hurt you in life. Once we realize that not everyone is going to like us, and not everyone is going to agree with us, then we can take people's comments with a grain of salt. Meaning we can let their comments go in one ear and out the other. Don't let every little comment that people say to you affect you a month, six months, or even a year down the road. Learn to let hurtful words, insults, and accusations roll off your back and move on!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment